There are many considerations when choosing the right educational approach for your child...
BIA provides a high-quality, internationally recognized virtual learning opportunity for students. Our program aligns with the US public-school option for families preferring a flexible, child-centered environment and who are willing to support and be part of their child's learning. Parents, students, and teaching staff in our school work together to keep our students engaged and excited about learning. Flexibility, support, and a trusted curriculum are just a few of the many positive outcomes of this exciting learning alternative. The world-renowned Calvert curriculum is available for your child through Bamako international Academy for grades K through 12.What you can expect from Bamako International Academy:
- A fully-accredited curriculum in partnership with Calvert, which has 100+ years of educational experience in and out-of-school settings
- Unlimited guidance and support from certified teachers
- An easy to use platform that brings lessons to life with interactive multi-media access.
- Project-based learning that builds creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- A personalized learning experience for students and families
- Step-by-step lesson plans that guide you through each day’s activities
Importantly, we continue to create a sense of community with events that are fun and educational.A trusted leader in curriculum development for over a century;
Right from its beginning more than 100 years ago at the prestigious Calvert School in Maryland, the Calvert Curriculum has been used by hundreds of thousands of students schooling at home in all the 50 states in the USA and more than 90 countries around the world. Today, Calvert Curriculum is used worldwide in homes, partner schools such as Bamako International Academy, and other blended learning environments. Take a look at Calvert, and you will find an impressive list of families and alumnae. Among so many others, President Barack Obama, Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist Pearl S. Buck, and political commentator William F. Buckley were at one time or another all Calvert students.
Calvert is accredited by the Commission on Elementary Schools (a division of Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools) and approved by the Maryland Department of Education, so you can be assured that your child is presented with relevant and exceptional instruction materials.